Individual E-file Program Overview
Step 1 – Get all your tax information together! – You’ll save time and won’t have to stop in the middle of preparing your return to find a missing document. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Social Security numbers for yourself, your spouse, and any dependents.
- W-2 forms from all employers are required for yourself and your spouse.
- 1099 forms for Dividends, Retirement, or other income, or any 1099 forms with Income Tax Withholding.
- Receipts for expenses for Itemized Deductions (Schedule A).
- Receipts and records for other income or expenses.
- Bank Account numbers (for a fast refund, or to pay electronically).
- Complete information on what records you need, and how long to keep your records.
Step 2 – Choose the method of E-filing that works for you:
- Tax Professional
- Personal Computer
- Free File
- TeleFile – If using TeleFile, follow the instructions in your TeleFile booklet. Complete the worksheet, then call TeleFile. It’s EZ!
Step 3 – E-file it!